WHEN IS THE BOUNDARY BAY AIRSHOW?
Saturday, July 20, 2019.
WHERE IS THE AIRSHOW?
Boundary Bay Airport – 7800 Alpha Way, Delta BC
WHAT TIME DOES THE AIRSHOW START & END?
The Airshow gates are open to the public:
Gates open – 11:00am
Airshow starts – 12:00pm
Airshow ends – 4:30pm or 30 minutes after the Snowbirds complete their show
HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS TO THE AIRSHOW?
Admission is FREE for the Boundary Bay Airshow.
HOW MUCH IS PARKING & WHERE CAN I BUY ON-SITE PARKING PASSES?
Limited on-site event parking is available for pre-purchase at a cost of $10 (plus applicable fees) per vehicle. On-site parking must be pre-purchased in advance. Parking passes will be mailed to you prior to the event.
Free parking is available off-site with a free shuttle service available at two locations:
Shuttle Location #1: Paterson Park – 5800 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta BC V4K 3W3
Shuttle Location #2: Wellbrook Winery – 4626 88th Street, Delta BC V4K 3N3
DRIVING TO THE PAID ON-SITE PARKING
Road closures will be in effect. Airshow guests must access Boundary Bay Airport off of 80th Street, as 72nd Street will be closed to the public and restricted to emergency vehicles and shuttle buses.
CAN I CYCLE TO THE EVENT?
Yes – you can either cycle to Boundary Bay Airport or to one of the free shuttle bus locations. If you are cycling to the Airport, you are encouraged to travel along Ladner Trunk Road and southbound on 72 Street to Churchill Street. Additional bike racks will be provided at the Airport and at the free off-site parking areas. Bicycles are NOT allowed in the terminal or on the tarmac.
DYKE CLOSURE: Due to high speed jet demonstrations the dyke will be closed between 11:00am and 5:00pm on both Friday, July 19, 2019 and Saturday, July 20, 2019. Cyclists will be unable to access the Boundary Bay Airport via 72 Street from the dyke during these times.
IS THE AIRSHOW ACCESSIBLE?
Yes. The Airport terminal and entry to the general admission tarmac area are accessible for wheelchairs. The ground may be uneven in some areas, so caution is advised. Accessible washroom facilities are available in the terminal and accessible port-a-lets are available in the general admission area.
Parking for people with disabilities is available on-site – a valid Disability Parking Permit must be clearly displayed in your vehicle. Free parking is also available off-site at the shuttle bus locations. A special disabled equipped bus is available to provide accessible service.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE OF PERFORMERS?
A show schedule will be available at the gates. Please note all Airshow acts are subject to change without notice.
IS THERE SEATING AVAILABLE?
The General Admission area consists of the tarmac. We recommend you bring a folding chair or blanket to sit on during the Airshow.
CAN I BUY TICKETS TO THE AIRSIDE CHALET?
The Airside Chalet caters to guests looking for an upgraded air show experience with the best views of the flying action. This area offers show-centre views of the action in the sky; and “in and out” privileges throughout the day for guests to enjoy the static displays, concessions, souvenir booths, exhibitors, and the kid’s area.
The Airside Chalet includes both covered and outside seating (available on a first come, first served basis). Dedicated private port-a-lets are also available for the convenience of our guests. Unlimited non-alcoholic refreshments will be provided throughout the day as well as a catered lunch and snacks all day. Alcohol will be available for sale in the Airside Chalet.
Note: Parking is not included in the price for chalet tickets; a parking pass must be purchased separately.
Advance tickets: Purchased by July 5th, 2019
Adults – $145.00 (plus applicable fees)
Children 3 – 12 – $75.00 (plus applicable fees)
Children under 3 – free
After July 5th and onsite (only if available)
Adults – $175.00 (plus applicable fees)
Children 3 – 12 – $75.00 (plus applicable fees)
Children under 3 – free
Please note: tickets for the Airside Chalet and Parking are NON-REFUNDABLE.
IS THERE SHADE AVAILABLE?
Shade may be found inside the heritage hangar which features a number of static displays to check out. There is also shade and air conditioning available inside the airport terminal. Remember to bring a hat and sunscreen.
Low-level sun-shelters for children or small umbrellas are permitted as long as they do not create a visual obstruction for others. Please be courteous to those around you. Airshow staff reserve the right to remove large umbrellas/tents.
WHAT METHODS OF PAYMENT ARE AVAILABLE AT THE AIRSHOW?
Most concessions accept cash, debit and major credit cards. Several ATMs are available onsite around the Airshow grounds.
WHAT AMENITIES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE SHOW?
- Family Zone activity area
- “Airside Chalet” – tickets available
- Food trucks & concessions of all varieties
- Static displays
- Cash ATMs
- Information Services/Lost and Found
- First Aid Attendants
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO THE AIRSHOW?
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- A water bottle
- Folding chair and/or blanket
- Earplugs – Parents, please ensure appropriate ear protection is provided for children of all ages
WHAT CAN I NOT BRING TO THE AIRSHOW?
Please note all bags and belongings may be subject to search upon entry to the Airshow. The Airshow reserves the right to deny admission to any patron found in possession of restricted items.
- Pets. Due to heat and noise, animals are not permitted on the Airshow grounds, including in vehicles in the parking lot. Delta Police will forcibly enter any vehicle found with an animal inside. The Airshow accepts no responsibility for damage to vehicles to remove animals for safety reasons.
- Bikes. Although cycling to the show is encouraged, bikes are not allowed inside the terminal or in the general admission area. Bike racks will be provided in the parking lots.
- Coolers. Soft sided backpack coolers are acceptable, but no hard sided coolers will be allowed. Please note that hard sided coolers will not be allowed on either of the shuttles.
- Alcohol. All bags may be subject to search upon entry. Any outside alcohol will be confiscated and Delta Police will escort violators off the premises.
- Smoking (including Cannabis) is strictly prohibited everywhere on the Airshow grounds due to the extreme fire hazard.
- Tents and Patio umbrellas – low-level sun-shelters for children are permitted as long as they do not create a visual obstruction for other patrons. Please be courteous to those around you. The Airshow reserves the right to remove large umbrellas/tents.
- Drones – The Airshow will include high speed jet activity and drones will not be allowed within a 5NM (nautical mile) radius of the Boundary Bay airport on both Friday and Saturday from 11:00am until 5:00pm.
- Weapons of any kind.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
- In the event of inclement weather, certain flying events may be modified or cancelled for safety reasons.
- If the entire Airshow were to be cancelled, Airshow staff would make this decision early in the morning before the show starts and publicize the cancellation via social media platforms.